Friday, April 24, 2009

Zippidy Doo Dah....ROATAN

....Zippidy Eh, my oh my what a wonderful day! Plenty of sunshine heading my way.....

Karen and I begin our zip line adventure on the tip top of the tallest mountain in Gumbalimba Park. What fun! With a bit of fear, adrenaline, excitement, and exhilaration we leap off each platform and zip along cables from tree top to tree top, high in the canopy of the Roatan jungle. "Zip", the sounds on the cables, "whir", the wind rushing past my helmeted head, "scream" as the trees quickly flash by and "laughter" as I safely approach the platform high in the next tree.

I am soaring higher than the birds! As I zip, I look down at a massive Turkey Vulture soaring below me. I am free as a bird!... almost... with a helmet, harness, gloves, cables, clips, guides, platforms and mattress covered tree trunks at landings.

The best adrenaline rush comes on one long and high zip line... On the platform, the guide starts behind me and holds my ankles in "wheel barrow" position, I am on my hands on the edge of the platform, and I "dive" off the platform head first. I spread my arms and fly through the jungle like Superman. I am in hysterics with laughter when I land at the next platform. Great adrenaline rush!!!

Karen's Superman comes into the platform screaming, with legitimate fear at flying through the jungle head first!

As we zip into the lower elevation of Gumbalimba Park, colorful red and green parrots are flying about, iguanas are perched in the branches, monkeys screech below, as we fly over a swinging bridge spanning a lagoon. Indiana Jones must be nearby.

Our 13th and final platform ends on the sandy beach on the shore of the blue Caribbean. We have traversed from treetop to treetop from the mountain in the blue sky to the sands of the blue Caribbean.

No comments:

Post a Comment