Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Bumpy Ride

Don and I got a great workout swimming to the far side of the bay to find the dolphins tucked against the cliffs. The dolphins were in sleep mode, spending most of their time deep and close together. I enjoy this video seeing the detail of the rhythmic 2-4 breaths and the crown of exhaled air above the dolphins head prior to surfacing.

I caught on camera a rarely viewed creature, Don!, who is always behind the camera on his blog photos. We had a fun bumpy ride back with the wind and waves behind us to push us along. Now and again the swell picked me up as if body surfing, and at times the wind would catch my fins and levitate them off of the surface. Fun was had by all!

I was pretty rattled for 2 days after being face to face with the tiger shark (see Sunday March 1 posting). So, I am very happy to report I was not too spooked to be in the water today. It helped to be with Don and the dolphins as therapy, and yes, I did look all around me and behind me many times. The ocean is my passion and my playground, no stinking shark is going to take that away from me!

2 comments:

  1. i love it !!!! Water looks cold !!! brrrrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is gorgeous. I got it forwarded to me by a fellow swimmer in the Waikiki Swim Club. Dude, your swims over there on Maui look much more fun than our swims off Waikiki where we get the occasional turtle and parrot fish. Your pictures and videos are amazing!

    ReplyDelete