Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spring Has Sprung

What are you doing tomorrow? If you are going to the baby shower/party (dad and men included makes it a "party" and not just a "shower") be sure to sample these plump tomatoes, fresh off the vine, with fresh basil from friends' garden, fresh Mozzarella from package and fresh Newman's Own bottled dressing.

I am very proud of my crops! I am feeling like such the farmer! I have a living fruit salad in my yard!

My Hayden mango tree is laden with baby mangos. Yum! Yum! It will be a juicy good eatin' summer! My guacamole tree is sosososo full of blossoms I will have to give away bags of avocados for guacamole. The orange tree is past the fragrant blossom season and now has plentiful baby oranges. I am happy to report the papaya trees I planted this winter are about 2 feet tall, and have thus far escaped the dreaded white fly. The volunteer papaya tree is over 6 foot tall and happy to report it is a female, with blossoms, soon to be fruit. Thanks for that, after the disappointment of my other mature papaya tree being a male, and thus no fruit! What's the good of that?

Just today I noticed the jacaranda tree across the street is beginning to blossom the gorgeous purple flowers!

Spring has sprung!

No comments:

Post a Comment