Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Sound of White Caps

It was so great to have sunshine and no wind this morning! It feels like it has been weeks of clouds, wind, intermittent rain and an occasional sun ray. One day when I am looking for a land activity, I may have to hike into this crater of Pu'u Ola'i. Whenever that is, who knows, I am always drawn to water activities. That is why I live Maui!

I got an hour on calm water before the wind came up, the sound of whales all around and one close blow, I was practically in the spray! I followed whales far off shore and was sitting peacefully with my ears turned up listening for blows and sounds of body parts hitting the surface. I began to hear a distance rhythmic pulse. It was the start of the white caps coming up and breaking on the surface. Soon, I was surrounded in white caps and began to head back to shore. Luckily, the whales took me in an upwind direction, so the paddle home was down wind, down swell. Nice ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment