Saturday, February 14, 2009

Dream House


Stepping over the stones of the Koi pond, I entered my dream house, into the octagon living space, centered by a cylindrical floor to ceiling fish tank, then open to the dramatic view of the black lava shore contrasted by the vivid turquoise ocean, with islands beyond. I came in, not carrying a bag a groceries as if I lived there (in my dreams), but carrying my massage table (in my reality).

Pure Maui, a luxury vacations provider has contracted me to massage their guests staying in this exquisite private home, catered to with private chef, adventure guides, yoga instructor and myself, offering massage.

It was a pleasure to be in this home, it hardly felt like work. I set up on the balcony overlooking my favorite reefs of Ahii Bay, rich with turtles and varieties of fish. Strong 50mph wind gusts were kicking up the waters in the channel, creating drama, whales breaching, adding entertainment and a sweet client made the moments appreciated.

After work, more like pleasure, I took a walk in the gusty winds down to "Dumps", a local surf break. I love to watch waves when the spindrift, the spray of the cresting waves, is kicking off the backside of the waves. What entertainment the ocean can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment