Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Fallen For "The Fall"

The Fall had me enthralled well before a favorite, M. C. Escher 's artwork came to life with black soldiers marching up white geometric patterned steps. The DVD, The Fall has absolutely stunning cinematography, scenery and settings. Spectacular nature scenes are artistically interwoven through the film. I particularly enjoyed seeing many international locations I've visited and events I've experienced portrayed so exquisitely. The Balinese Kecak Monkey Dance entranced me once more, I retraced my footsteps wandering palaces, the Blue City and Jantar Mantar, an astronomical observatory in Rajasthan, India, and I again dove the crystal waters and warmed on the silky white sands of Fiji.

Alexandria is endearing, an adorable little girl. Many characters are juxtaposed between the real life story and the fantasy story. Ingenious film! I give it a five star rating. Director Tarsem Singh, 2006. Let me know how you enjoyed it.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, "The Fall" was stunning. Interestingly, it borrowed heavily from an earlier film, "Baraka".

    ReplyDelete